As a mission-driven consulting firm, we believe that government and nonprofit organizations can best improve the lives of the individuals, families, and communities they serve when they act in partnership with them. We work with our clients their stakeholders to articulate, design, fund, implement, and evaluate their best ideas.
The following values guide our work:
- We promote social justice and equity. We have deep understanding of issues facing vulnerable populations, and that knowledge guides our work. Throughout our efforts, we embrace cultural inclusivity and diverse stakeholder engagement while maintaining fidelity to our clients’ mission, vision, and values.
- We are strengths based. We strive to appreciate our clients by leveraging their strengths to help them overcome challenges.
- We value continuous learning. Ongoing learning, growth, and development are essential for both our clients and ourselves. We meet clients where they are at and support capacity building to maximize their resources. Each of our projects is unique, and we approach each one with curiosity. Our engagements often begin with a discovery and assessment phase and may conclude with sustainability planning to preserve the project’s lasting impact.
- We are data-driven. Using data strategically to answer questions, guide actions, and build consensus, we promote evidence-based practices, tools, and strategies where available and appropriate. We have experience with the data practices needed to establish an evidence base for new and innovative practices. In all of our projects we seek to increase our clients’ capacity to use data for decision-making and resource allocation.
- We operate with authenticity. We aim to be open, honest, and transparent by providing direct feedback in real time and acknowledging our mistakes. We are willing to take risks when appropriate and to challenge our clients, their assumptions, and the status quo. And we expect our clients to challenge us, too.
- We encourage collaboration and partnership. In working with our clients and their stakeholders, we seek to establish lasting relationships, to promote their ownership of the work we accomplish together, and to build trust.
- We utilize a cross-sector, systems-level approach. Health and human service systems must interact more today than ever before. Our experience and expertise across a range of disciplines helps us to understand where and how they overlap, and to develop collaborative solutions that meet the needs of all parties involved.
- We are responsive, adaptive, and flexible. The needs of our clients and those they serve are constantly evolving. We closely monitor emerging developments and opportunities so that our efforts are informed by the latest research and best practices.